Sunday, February 23, 2014

Nature

When one attempts to understand nature, they are usually unable to. When one allows nature to naturally connect with them, there is an immediate occurring understanding. The moment I sat down in my front yard in an area with half shade and the other half with sunlight, a relaxing breeze blew giving me a comforting feeling. I closed my eyes and allowed my ears to take in the environment around me. The sound of various birds around me forced me to open my eyes and look around searching for them, realizing that each one was making a different sound every time. I looked one way above me to the tree and I saw a baby black crow making something that seems like it was calling another crow and another way I saw a woodpecker looking for bugs in a tree trunk. After noticing the birds, I looked around me and noticed the verdant green trees all around me, along with a clear blue cloudless sky. I took a deep breath and felt the fresh smell of the plants and the semi-humid air.
When I began to think, I was not able to think of anything. I realized I was not looking at anything but I was staring into nothingness. My mind completely went blank and I was in a trance of not worrying about anything in life for an enjoyable 15 minutes. To me, my front yard is the perfect relaxation spot with no cars passing by and the pleasant view, it is the ideal Hakuna Matata.

No comments:

Post a Comment